Monday, November 28, 2011

Your week with Marilyn Monroe - a style challenge!

Your week with Marilyn Monroe - a style challenge!:

marilyn_monroe_whitedress.jpg



The long-awaited My Week With Marilyn finally hit cinemas over the weekend, with Michelle Williams taking on the challenge of portraying one of Hollywoods most famous faces.



Marilyn Monroe was a complicated soul whose life was never short of scandal - the film goes into great detail about how difficult she was to work with - but that hasn't stopped her particular brand of bomshell sex appeal blended with little-girl-lost innocence endearing her to generations of fans.



Though the full-on Marilyn look might be a little much for most of us (unless you have the time every day to set your hair and struggle with a girdle) she did know how to make an impression. This week, in celebration of the film, I'll be putting a bit of Marilyn into my life every day...and I'd love for you to join me!



Today, the challenge is simple - put on a pair of heels and do your best wiggle. There are rumours Ms Monroe had the heel on one shoe shortened very slightly to give her that famous walk. I'm not sure that's true, but as Marilyn herself once said...



"I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot."



marilyn_heels.jpg



And here I am meeting the challenge in my heels today. I'm not so sure Marilyn would go for zebra print, but things have changed in the last 60 years!



zebrashoes.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment